9 Questions You Should Consider Asking Your Orthopaedic Specialist
1. Is joint replacement the best option for me now, or should I wait?
2. If I have joint replacement surgery, how much of my pain will be relieved?
3. How physically active can I be with a new joint?
4. How do joint replacements compare?
5. What are the risks or complications of joint replacement surgery?
6. How long will I be in the hospital, and how soon after having the procedure can I get back to normal daily activities?
7. Is joint replacement covered by my health insurance?
8. After the procedure, will I see you or my regular doctor for follow-up care?
9. How many of these procedures have you performed?